Most of the fonts in the listing below were obtained from
a new Russian-English website with a focus on academic theological studies.
A few of these fonts are shareware, so you can only use them legally for 30
days without registration. I have not personally examined each of these ZIP
files, so I cannot vouch for the integrity of their contents. When I get time,
I will re-divide this listing into fully-free and shareware fonts. If I find
any commercial fonts, I will delete them. E.N.P.
- BST Hebrew (16 KB; ttf).
- David New Hebrew (14 KB; ttf).
- Dor (46 KB; ttf).
- ElroNet (Monospace and Proportional) (30 KB; ttf).
- Gideon-Medium (19 KB; ttf).
- Hadasah (19 KB; ttf).
- Hebrew (38 KB; ttf).
- Hebrew Bold, Italic, Bold Italic (61 KB; ttf).
- Hebrew Parse (26 KB; ttf).
- Hebrew Regular (36 KB; ttf, afm).
- Hebrew Regular (66 KB; ttf).
- Kursiv and Pnina (51 KB; ttf).
- Lashon Tov (16 KB; ttf).
- Mendel Siddur (603 KB; ttf, afm).
- Miriam (21 KB; ttf).
- Moses Judaika (one-bit) (29 KB; ttf). - a Cyrillic font, stylized like Hebrew.
- Moses Judaika (two-bit) (39 KB; ttf) - a version of the previous one for MS Word 97 and other programs
- Noam New Hebrew (15 KB; ttf).
- Paleo Hebrew (6 KB; ttf) - an archaic style of writing
- Pecan Sonc Hebrew (13 KB; ttf).
- Qumran Caves (24 KB; ttf) - the style found in Qumran
- Shalom Old Style (32 KB; ttf, afm).
- Shalom Script (33 KB; ttf, afm).
- Shalom Stick (24 KB; ttf, afm).
- Silver Mountain (214 KB; ttf, afm) - includes a keyboard utility
- SP Damascus (14 KB; ttf) - Scholars Press recommends
this font as a suppliment to SP Tiberian to type Aramaic texts (in case you want to make a visible
difference between Aramaic and Hebrew)
- SP Ezra (11 KB; ttf)
- SP Tiberian (12 KB; ttf) - the standard Hebrew font
from Scholars Press
- Torah Sofer (32 KB; ttf, afm)
- WebHebrew (Monospace and Proportional) (130 KB; ttf, afm)
- 6 more fonts (97 KB; ttf): Alex, Chaya, Mendel Siddur, Rashi, Ruth, Tzipporah
- a set of Hebrew fonts made freely available by SIL, the Summer Institute
of Linguistics. I haven't tried it yet, but it should be workable.
- Download a font to your PC
- Unzip the compressed ZIP file with your preferred
- Go to the Start button, choose Settings -> Control
- Click the Fonts icon. Drag the font that you unzipped into the Fonts
folder. If necessary, restart Netscape or Internet Explorer. That's it!